[horde] Nag 4.0.1 - Creation of new task in Horde Groupware WebGUI results in a error 404

Steven Swarts steven at swartsit.com
Thu Nov 29 15:58:27 UTC 2012

Please see this for more info: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/11735

But basically this is the issue:

Sync of tasks doesn't work from my Samsung Galaxy S3 or from the Horde
Webmail Groupware 5.0.2 when I create a task it errors with a 404 page not
found.

It tries to redirect to https://www.example.com/horde/nag/t/save which
obviously is the wrong location.

What I have done:

- removed account on device - re-synced
- checked for updates
- cleared browser cache
- manually synced tasks after creation of new task on device
- I can see that information flows back and forth between the device
and horde in regard to tasks but there is so much information I would
need to know what I'm looking for.

/etc/apache2/conf.d/horde.conf

#####################################

Alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml /var/www/horde/rpc.php
Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/horde/rpc.php

Alias /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml /var/www/horde/rpc.php
#Alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml /var/www/horde/rpc.php
Alias /AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml /var/www/horde/rpc.php

Alias /horde /var/www/horde
Alias /webmail /var/www/horde

<Directory /var/www/horde>
            Options +FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride All
            order allow,deny
            allow from all
            AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
            php_value include_path ".:/usr/share/php"
            php_value open_basedir "none"
            php_value upload_tmp_dir "/var/www/horde/phptmp/"
</Directory>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
#  <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
     <Location /webmail>

#      SSLOptions +StrictRequire
#      SSLRequireSSL
#      SSLRequire %{HTTP_HOST} eq "www.example.com"
#      ErrorDocument 403 https://www.example.com/horde

       RewriteEngine on
       RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !^on$ [NC]
       RewriteRule .  <https://%25%7BHTTP_HOST%7D%25%7BREQUEST_URI>
https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}  [L]

     </Location>
#  </IfModule>
</IfModule>

#####################################

Again I have tried multiple things, commenting the lot or just some or
nothing at all.

Can someone tell me where I could find logs on this?

This is what is in my .htaccess file for horde stored in /var/www/horde

#####################################

allow from all

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
     RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
     RewriteRule ^(.*)$ rampage.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

Background on my server:

Debian 6 Squeeze - VPS (2 CPU's, 1GB of RAM, 40GB HDD) - using MONIT and
MUNIN all things are running smoothly in reference to resources

ISPConfig 3 - Hosting Control panel - http://www.ispconfig.com

Horde Webmail Groupware 5.0.2 (Nag 4.0.1) - have updated to the latest
release via - pear upgrade -a -B -c horde

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Steve