[horde] Horde Administration Update User password - smbldap

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Mon Dec 3 00:25:58 UTC 2012

Hi there list.

I run H4.0.16 and Passwd 4.0.1.

Passwd is configured to use the SMBLDAP driver to change password in
my OpenLDAP backend, including the sambaLMPassword and sambaNTPassword
attributes. backends.local.php:

<?php

$backends['hordesql']['disabled'] = true;

$backends['smbldap'] = array(
     'name' => 'SimonandKate.net',
     'preferred' => '',
     'password policy' => array(
         'minLength' => 7,
         'maxLength' => 10,
         'minNumeric' => 1,
     ),
     'driver' => 'smbldap',
     'params' => array(
        'host' => 'ldap.simonandkate.lan',
        'port' => 389,
        'basedn' => 'ou=users,dc=simonandkate,dc=lan',
        'uid' => 'uid',
        'realm' => '',
        'encryption' => 'ssha',
        'tls' => true,
        'lm_attribute' => 'sambaLMPassword',
        'nt_attribute' => 'sambaNTPassword',
        'pw_set_attribute' => 'sambaPwdLastSet',
        'pw_expire_attribute' => 'sambaPwdMustChange',
     )
);

This works for the user to change their own password using the Passwd
utility except the session hangs, and you need to close the browser as
Passwd / Horde does not gracefully manage using the new password.

If I want to change someone's password for them I do it from the
server's console with smbpasswd, or use myLDAPAdmin to edit the
required password attributes.

I would like to use the "Users" section in Horde Administration to
reset a user's password. At the moment it appears to auth using the
$conf['ldap'] parameters, and it changes the user's password, but I
can't see how to configure the "Update xxxxxx" section in there to do
a full smbldap style password change.

Is this possible at all?

I'd also like to add users from there, I use myLDAPAdmin for that too,
but let's save that for another email... :)

Simon

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16