[horde] How can I setup sieve in Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0.2?

neys neys at neys.org
Tue Dec 4 23:07:22 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 11:33 AM, Simon Wilson wrote:
> ----- Message from "[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó"
> <carles at unlimitedmail.org> ---------
> Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:18:31 +0100
> From: "[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó" <carles at unlimitedmail.org>
> Subject: Re: [horde] How can I setup sieve in Horde Groupware Webmail
> Edition 5.0.2?
> To: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> From just doing some re-reading around the 'net it appears that Sieve
>>> TLS in cyrus-imapd is broken, and I think fixed in 2.3.10 (happy for
>>> anyone else to chip in here!). My CentOS 5.8 mail server runs
>>> cyrus-imapd 2.3.7, and things fail when you try and access sieve
>>> using TLS.
>>>
>>> Which IMAP server are you using? What version?
>>>
>>> Simon
>>
>> Hello,
>> Now I get communication with Cyrus Sieve daemon, but I have problems
>> with the authentication.
>> I always get the error of authentication failure.
>> I'm using Cyrus 2.4.12.
>>
>> Thie is my ingo/config/backends.local.php file now:
>> [...]
>> <?php
>> $backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
>> $backends['sieve']['disabled'] = false;
>> $backends['sieve'] = array(
>> 'disabled' => false,
>> 'transport' => 'timsieved',
>> 'preferred' => '10.99.4.151',
>> 'hordeauth' => false,
>> 'params' => array(
>> // Hostname of the timsieved server
>> 'hostspec' => '10.99.4.151',
>> // Login type of the server
>> 'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
>> //'logintype' => 'CRAM-MD5',
>> //'logintype' => 'DIGEST-MD5',
>> // Enable/disable TLS encryption
>> 'usetls' => false,
>> // Port number of the timsieved server
>> 'port' => 4190,
>> // Name of the sieve script
>> 'scriptname' => 'ingo',
>> // Enable debugging. With Net_Sieve 1.2.0 or later, the sieve protocol
>> // communication is logged with the DEBUG level. Earlier versions
>> // print the log to the screen.
>> 'debug' => false,
>> ),
>> 'script' => 'sieve',
>> 'scriptparams' => array(
>> // If using Dovecot or any other Sieve implementation that requires
>> // folder names to be UTF-8 encoded, set this parameter to true.
>> 'utf8' => true,
>> ),
>> 'shares' => false
>> );
>> [...]
>>
>> May someone help?
>>
>> Best regards.
>>

> Is there any useful information in the maillog from cyrus? How do you
> have cyrus auth setup? Can you auth to Cyrus any other way, i.e. IMAP?
>
> Simon

Hi Charles,

I use

> 'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
> 'usetls' => true,

in my ingo/config/backends.local.php, but I also had authentication
problems. I could no longer find the parameter 'hordeauth' in
backends.php. I could get it up running with the following hook in
ingo/config/hooks.local.php:

> <?php
> class Ingo_Hooks
> {
>     public function transport_auth($driver)
>     {
>         switch ($driver) {
>         case 'timsieved':
>             $ob = $GLOBALS['registry']->call('mail/imapOb');
>             return array(
>                 'password' => $ob->getParam('password'),
>                 'username' => $ob->getParam('username')
>             );
>         }
>         return true;
>     }
> }

I do not know any problems with Cyrus Sieve and TLS, using
cyrus-imapd-2.2.13-19+squeeze3 on Debian 6.0.6 works fine for me.

Neys