[horde] Horde_Imap_Client-2.3.1 does not work

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Dec 6 22:13:26 UTC 2012

Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> To rephrase, if Horde developers have chosen PHP as a language, then
> they must obey the rules of the language. If it is buggy and breaks
> compatibility in ugly way, they must hack.

Please read my original message: we DID obey the rules of the
language.  That's the problem.  You write perfectly valid PHP 5.3.0
code, and it isn't interpreted correctly due to a bug in the
interpreter.  WHICH WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING (unless you are arguing
that we, as developers, have to read the 162KB changelog of PHP 5 and
glean from one line changelog entries that our code won't work
properly with a certain PHP version).

michael