[horde] Horde_Imap_Client-2.3.1 does not work

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Dec 6 23:50:17 UTC 2012

> Quoting robert at gmx.li:
>
>> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>>> Datum: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:58:56 -0700
>>> Von: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>>> An: horde at lists.horde.org
>>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Horde_Imap_Client-2.3.1 does not work

>>> I am VERY curious to know which version of PHP you are running.
>>> Because I can verify this DOES work, at least with PHP 5.3.19.
>>>

>> Same error here, PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze14
>
> Yup - this was a PHP bug.  The PHP code in question is completely
> valid.  This was fixed in 5.3.9:
>
> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43200
>
> I can't stress enough that while we only require PHP 5.3.0, people
> should REALLY be using the most-up-to date PHP versions and should
> NOT be using PHP versions installed via a distribution package.

This general discussion aside, this was not a bug in PHP. You changed
the Horde_Imap_Client_Tokenize class to an abstract class, even though
objects of this class was stored in people's caches. When
unserializing from cache, this had to fail of course. You probably
didn't see this because you had cleared your cached, which would have
fixed this for everyone else too. That would have been a workaround
only though.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project