[horde] Horde 5 Distribution Packages Status (SLES, openSUSE 12.2 and Factory, debian 6)

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Dec 12 13:32:13 UTC 2012

>> Am 15.11.2012 12:50, schrieb Ralf Lang:
>>> Hi, we've retooled and I began distribution packaging (rpm) for
>>> SLES 11 (SP2 only) and openSUSE-Factory shortly. Debian 6 may
>>> follow after.
>>>
>>> These packages run as a community effort. If you desperately
>>> need up to date packages faster or for other platforms (Redhat,
>>> ubuntu), you may ask for an offer at B1 Systems GmbH
>>> (info at b1-systems.de).

We have all released Horde Framework (H5) Packages for openSUSE.

We have the released Horde 5 Apps (horde, content, imp, ingo,
kronolith, mnemo, nag, timeobjects, turba). They basically work and
most should contain the latest pear releases.

We have development snapshots of whups and passwd for H5. Use them
with caution and don't expect anything. They are packaged because of
personal requirements.

RC versions of gollem and sesha are in progress.

Distribution-specific fixes and preset for the apps are currently
being developed. These are not strictly needed to "just make it run".

I made a small patch against the Build Service tools to facilitate
debian builds from pear packages but it's still in review. Once it
goes into the production install, rough debian builds are fast to be
expected.

I talked to Mathieu Parent, the "real" debian-native packager and we
are still sorting out how the OBS can help his efforts.

Download link:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/B1-Systems:/Horde5:/rolling/

PEAR Dependencies:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/B1-Systems:/Horde5:/dependencies/

Suse Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP 2 Demo Virtual Machine:

http://susestudio.com/a/BZ4vzQ/horde-5-sles-11-sp2

Any feedback is welcome.

- --
Ralf Lang