[horde] little ActiveSync problem with mail seen-flag

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Sun Dec 16 18:31:12 UTC 2012

On 16/12/2012 12:56 PM, Michael Rubinsky wrote:
> Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>> On 26/11/2012 4:55 AM,
> Thomas Bühlmann wrote:
>>> Hello List!
>>>
>>> First, thank you all for such a great product!
>>>
>>>  On my horde install (all latest pear) i use dovecot2 to manage mail.
>>> Everything (calendar, contacts, email) works fine, except the seen-flag
>>> doesn't get synced to the device.
>>> the other way around works fine. Messages marked "seen" on the device
>>> get synced
>>> the next time.( i know they're not synched immediately!)
>>
>> Any updates on this?
>> I have the same issue with iphone.  The seen flag never gets updated,
>> resulting in number of "unread" emails on the iphone always increasing.
>> Using dovecot 2.1.12, imapproxy 1.2.7, Horde_ActiveSync 2.0.10
>>
> This was fixed in Horde/Core a while ago.
>
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=11732#c7
>
> Mike

I already have Horde Core 2.1.1, including that fix (I just checked the
source). It might be a different bug or a regression?
I only started testing the iphone/activesync a few days ago, already
with the current Horde packages, so I don't know if this is a new or old
bug.

 From the description of that ticket, it seems to be the other way
around.  Seen messages on the device are syncing properly on imap
server, but seen messages on the server (IMAP/IMP) are never updated on
the device.

Thanks.