[horde] outlook activesync and horde

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Dec 19 09:39:04 UTC 2012

Am 19.12.2012 09:46, schrieb Alessio Cecchi:
> Il 17/12/2012 22:13, Michael J Rubinsky ha scritto:
>>
>> Quoting Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> will outlook work with horde activesync?
>>> Has anyone experience with this setup?
>>
>> Outlook 2013 includes support for syncing with ActiveSync, but only
>> versions 14.0 and up. Horde currently only supports up to 12.1. I am
>> currently discussing adding this feature with a potential client, though
>> they are currently looking for someone else to share in the funding. If
>> you are interested in helping to support this feature, I can put you in
>> touch with the client.
>
> Are we sure that Outlook 2013 support for ActiveSync will not be locked
> to Microsoft only services/server (like Exchange/Outlook.com)?

never heard of this

> I had heard some rumors about this block.

more interesting is some imap bug with Outlook 2013
and imap special use folder.

Imap special use works with Outlook 2013
and therefor the sent folder is not longer manual configerable
( you can only choose not to use Sent folder now )

but Outlook 2013 has now some outgoing folder as default by design
so mail always pass first outgoing folder then copy in the imap sent
folder, but as result your own written mail is flagged unread in imap
sent folder, ever.

Microsoft knows this bug since Beta tests , and didnt fixed it due my
last tests, the only workaround for know seems to be , disable imap sent
folder complete , and setting a client rule for copy outgoing mail to
imap sent mail folder , this way it worked in outlook 2000

so for imap i would recommend simply using a better imap client for now

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer