[horde] Logging send emails

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Dec 25 10:56:15 UTC 2012

Am 24.12.12 16:36, schrieb Simon Brereton:

> On Dec 24, 2012 6:46 AM, "Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator"
> <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de <mailto:goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> we still use hord groupware 4 and have once more a spam problem.
>>
>> AFAIK there was an option or config switch to enable logging of send
>> messages?
>>
>> May be someone can point me to this.
>>
>> May be I can identify the compromised accounts by looking up the amount
>> of messages send.
>>
>> Searching for text fragments in the database dont show up anything.
>>
>> The spammer are currently one step ahead.
>>
>> Thanks for any hint/suggestion.
>
> Your mail log will be much more use to you.  There is an option in the
> admin preferences to log sent mail to the DB.  Find out which table and
> use phpmyadmin or SQL to view it.
>
> But if it wasn't on, it won't help you.
>
> Can you define a "spam problem"?

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Recently a lot of phishing spam was send to our users asking for
changing there yccount data on an external server. The usual stuff to
get acount information.

And YES we do havd some foolish users giving out there account data. :(

This happend before. SO now some i supoose script kidies are proud to
have one open account they use to fire up 100.000th of stupid spam mails.

(The last time I had to search parts of the message test in the horde
db, as the scrip kids enterd the text in the identity signature ...)

-> search -> found -> disable account/change password => problem solved.

This time, I cant find any text, and for now I dont have any clue, which
account sends so much mail ....

May be someone has soem more clues? We run sendmail with starttls/smtp auth.

Regards. Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 82 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Jürgen Walter MdL
Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg

Geschäftsführer: