[horde] Horde 5 Distribution Packages Status (SLES, openSUSE 12.2 and Factory, debian 6)

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Sat Dec 29 22:11:49 UTC 2012

Zitat von mrubinsk at horde.org:
> Quoting "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>>
>> Zitat von horde-request at lists.horde.org:
>>> From: Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>
>>> Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 19:12:46 +0100
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> Yesterday I updated the framework packages to the most recent PEAR stuff.
>>
>> Hi Ralf,
>>
>> do you have any actual run-time experience with H5 on SLES11SP2? My
>> test installation with latest php53 suffers from multiple
>> occurrences of the "Base lambda function for closure not found"
>> problem, each requiring a restart of Apache2 to re-establish
>> service. That test bed is for a single user (web UI plus two mobile
>> devices) and required i.e. 19 restarts on Friday 28th... definitely
>> not ready for production.
>>
>> If you're running this trouble-free on SLES11SP2, I'd be interested
>> in the precise version of PHP5 you're running.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jens
>
> This is typically due to APC cache.

Hi Mike,

I've been hunting this for weeks, and of course I've read about APC as
the most probable cause.

Being not too familiar with PHP, I had concluded that APC is not
installed on my test system - no RPM with that name
(php53-apc-something or alike) was installed.

But I took your response to re-check the net (and my system) and found
the "php --re apc" statement, which (to my great surprise, while most
likely not to yours ;) ) showed that APC was available to php on my
system.

Double-checking php.ini, I disabled loading of "apc.so", now the
extension is no longer loaded and the problem will probably no longer
surface. Time will show.

Thank you for that special kick :)

Regards,
Jens