[horde] (ActiveSync) Force all users to use utf8

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jan 2 20:56:47 UTC 2013

Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>>
> Hi,
>
> regarding ActiveSync, on the iPhone a user can not read Umlaut when
> sending Mails from his Horde Account.
>
> I believe its because the iPhone using utf8(?)
>
> How can I force all users to use UTF8 when sending Mails?
>
> Thank you,
> Andreas

Active sync MUST use UTF8. We go through great lengths to ensure the
data is properly converted to UTF-8 from whatever the email's original
charset is.

There is currently an open bug on bugs.horde.org regarding some
systems that apparently have issues detecting invalid UTF8 data.

FWIW this works fine for me.
Mike
Sent from mobile