[horde] Active Sync Problem

Helmut Schiefer Helmut at 4schiefer.de
Tue Jan 8 19:06:09 UTC 2013

Thanks for support up to that point. I try to figure out what's going.
First I use the information I learn so far, but I'm sure is the result
OK or not.

If I do:
===================
$test = 'ö ä ü ß';
var_dump(Horde_String::validUtf8($test));

Result=> bool(true)

If I do:
===================
$test = 'öäüß';
var_dump(Horde_String::validUtf8($test));

Result=> bool(false)

In a lot of German Mails there is the case that we have "Grüße", so
there "üß" togehter.

My PHP Version is: PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.4 with Suhosin-Patch (cli)
(built: Sep 12 2012 18:59:41)

>> locale -a
C.UTF-8
de_AT.utf8