[horde] Can't add Outlook meeting request to Kronolith

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:58:06 UTC 2013

On 8 January 2013 15:07, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> Probably.
>>

>> Does anyone have a work-around?  It's a pretty significant bug for a
>> feature to be offered and then not actually work.
>

> "W. Europe Standard Time" is not a valid timezone, as the error message
> indicates.  Not sure how this is a "significant bug".  Patches are welcome
> to workaround this bad data.
>
> Demanding a solution for your issue in an open source project is not going
> to endear you well to developers.

1) I'm not demanding anything - given the the conscientiousness of the
developers I've seen on the list over the last 4 years, it's difficult
to believe this is not being taken seriously.
2) Perhaps I've misunderstood the bug, but for me adding appointments
to the calendar from email invites is a problem no matter what the
time-zone.
3) If this is a problem because Outlook sends an invalid time-zone,
then I would expect Horde and the devs to be a) aware and b)
incentivized to work around this (as they - and the whole world - does
with other Outlook oddities).

*I finally managed to add an invite sent to me by email.  However, it
was added in the wrong time-zone (although the invite doesn't include
a time-zone the Kronolith says it's Mountain Time and since I'm on EST
and the server is UTC, I don't see how this can be).  Also, it
steadfastly refuses to send the inviter an acknowledgement  - probably
this is linked to the redirect bug that was introduced in IMP6 but -
the error says:  Error sending reply.  No From Address was provided.

Sorry if I upset you, but this isn't really usable at the moment,
which means I have to manually import meetings into my calendar and
whilst most of the users here can and will use Outlook to do it, I
can't and since I'd like to move them all away from Outlook to
webmail, this is not helping my cause.  Of course I would contribute a
patch if I were able, but I'm not,

Cheers.

Simon