[horde] Active Sync Problem

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Tue Jan 8 23:20:34 UTC 2013

> Quoting Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>:
>
>> I do have the same umlaut problems but "simply" upgrading is not  a
>> good option as we are using Ubuntu LTS server 12.04 with the packaged
>> php version 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.4 ... and as i just upgraded to that
>> long support
>> version I dont want to leave it so fast :)
>>
>> Is there another way around that problem?
>
> Nobody has yet proven that there is any problem, since none of the
> developers can verify this issue via unit tests.  Until somebody can
> show exactly where this is breaking in their code, there's nothing
> more Horde developers can do.
>
> michael

Broken for me too on Fedora.  I have all the test stuff installed, but
can't seem to manage how to run it to get better data.

$ php stringtest.php
bool(false)

$ phpunit stringtest.php
PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function addCallback() on a
non-object in /usr/share/pear/Horde/Registry.php on line 410

$ php -v
PHP 5.3.19 (cli) (built: Nov 22 2012 06:35:40)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies

$ cat stringtest.php
<?php
require_once __DIR__ . '/lib/Application.php';
Horde_Registry::appInit('horde', array(
     'authentication' => 'none',
     'nologintasks' => true
));
$test = 'ö ä ü ß

Mit freundlichen Grüßen';

var_dump(Horde_String::validUtf8($test));

As another person pointed out, adding a space betweeen the üß returns