[horde] Horde can not be updated with git

"Michael Hübner" michael.huebner at gmx.net
Wed Jan 9 18:09:22 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I've installed horde via anonymous git following the directions on http://www.horde.org/development/git

Now I am trying to update horde (website says To update the repository, enter the repository directory and use this command: git pull) but I am getting merge conflicts, which I don't understand as I did not change any of the mentioned files in the log:

Di 8. Jan 18:53:18 CET 2013
Already up-to-date.
Mi 9. Jan 00:00:01 CET 2013
Auto-merging sesha/lib/Entity/Value.php
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in sesha/lib/Entity/Value.php
Auto-merging kronolith/package.xml
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in kronolith/package.xml
Auto-merging kronolith/new.php
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in kronolith/new.php
Auto-merging kronolith/lib/Driver/Ical.php
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in kronolith/lib/Driver/Ical.php
Auto-merging kronolith/docs/CHANGES
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in kronolith/docs/CHANGES
Auto-merging ingo/vacation.php
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in ingo/vacation.php
Auto-merging imp/lib/Ajax/Application/ListMessages.php
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in imp/lib/Ajax/Application/ListMessages.php
Auto-merging horde/package.xml
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in horde/package.xml
Auto-merging horde/lib/View/Topbar.php
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in horde/lib/View/Topbar.php
Auto-merging horde/js/topbar.js
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in horde/js/topbar.js
Auto-merging horde/docs/CHANGES
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in horde/docs/CHANGES
Auto-merging framework/Util/test/Horde/Util/StringTest.php
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in framework/Util/test/Horde/Util/StringTest.php
Auto-merging framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Prefs/Identity.php
CONFLICT (add/add): Merge conflict in framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Prefs/Identity.php
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
Mi 9. Jan 19:04:59 CET 2013
U       framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Prefs/Identity.php
U       framework/Util/test/Horde/Util/StringTest.php
U       horde/docs/CHANGES
U       horde/js/topbar.js
U       horde/lib/View/Topbar.php
U       horde/package.xml
U       imp/lib/Ajax/Application/ListMessages.php
U       ingo/vacation.php
U       kronolith/docs/CHANGES
U       kronolith/lib/Driver/Ical.php
U       kronolith/new.php
U       kronolith/package.xml
U       sesha/lib/Entity/Value.php
Pull is not possible because you have unmerged files.
Please, fix them up in the work tree, and then use 'git add/rm <file>'
as appropriate to mark resolution, or use 'git commit -a'.

Now my horde installation is corrupt, can't login any more.

Any help to get the update running would be appreciated, I do not understand what "fix them up in the work tree" mean, or why the message is comming.

Regards,
Michael