[horde] Can't add Outlook meeting request to Kronolith

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Wed Jan 9 21:42:28 UTC 2013

> Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>:
>
>> On 01/ 8/13 03:07 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
>>> "W. Europe Standard Time" is not a valid timezone, as the error
>>> message indicates.
>>
>> Similar error when accepting event invitations from Exchange users
>> but with "Eastern Standard Time" here.
>>
>> HORDE: [ID 702911 user.emerg] [kronolith]
>> DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (Eastern
>> Standard Time) on line 285 of "/var/php/5.3/pear/Horde/Date.php"
>
> That also isn't a valid POSIX/GNU C-ish timezone (a/k/a from the
> tz/zoneinfo DB: http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm).
>
> These are the only timezones supported by PHP and, for that matter,
> most software: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php
>
> It *appears* that these are Windows tzid's, which are not supported.
>  Someone will need to write conversion software to map to a valid
> TZ.  See, e.g.,
> http://unicode.org/repos/cldr-tmp/trunk/diff/supplemental/zone_tzid.html

I THOUGHT it worked at one point, but now it doesn't.  I am getting the
timezone error.  The TZID is being set by the remote Exchange server and
not being handled by Horde.  Same calendar event works to gmail/yahoo,
but Horde complains:

Unknown or bad timezone (Pacific Standard Time)

So, three parts are mime-encoded in the Calendar request sent from
Outlook though an Exchange server.  There is a .calendar file, a .html
file, and a plain file.

The calendar request has:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Pacific Standard Time
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:16010101T020000
TZOFFSETFROM:-0700
TZOFFSETTO:-0800
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:16010101T020000
TZOFFSETFROM:-0800
TZOFFSETTO:-0700
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE

The .html component has:

Pacific Time(US & Canada).</div>

The plain part that has:

When: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:00 PM-4:30 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific
Time (US & Canada).

Seems like Kronolith is reading the calendar part of the attachment
and balks on the the TZID included by Exchange.

brent