[horde] Can't add Outlook meeting request to Kronolith

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 17:08:26 UTC 2013

On 10 January 2013 12:02, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 9 January 2013 23:58, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> I don't have an exchange account to test this, but it appears to be
>>> working for me in Horde4/Imp5 - including sending the reply.
>>

>> Having just received an Exchange invite (with a Western E uropean
>> timezone identifier), I can confirm this works flawlessly in
>> Horde4/Imp5 - the appointment is added to the calendar and the reply
>> is sent.
>>
>> In my Horde5/Imp6 install, I have the error that the it cannot
>> communicate with the server when trying to add the invite to the
>> calendar and additionally that  no From: address is set when trying to
>> notify the sender (whether with or without adding it to the calendar).
>

> That is because in Horde 4 we completely ignored the timezone provided in
> the iCal data during import.

Might that be a work-around until we get this fixed?  What unintended
consequences did that have?  I wasn't able to follow entirely the
discussions between you and Michael S, but I did gather the proposed
solution of matching time-zones wasn't scalable (and MS might always
change them again - though it's not likely.  And if they don't someone
else will...).

Simon