[horde] upgrade from 3.3.11 to 5.0.2

Alan Silver asilver at chem.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 10 18:49:07 UTC 2013

On 01/09/2013 05:30 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Alan Silver <asilver at chem.wisc.edu>:
>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> I am currently running on a centOS 5.8 machine, mysql 5.0.95
>> horde 3.3.11
>> and the latest revs for the apps
>> turba 2.3.5
>> kronolith 2.3.5
>> dimp 1.1.6
>> ingo 1.2.5
>> imp 4.3.9
>> passwd 3.1.3
>>
>> I am installing a new server with centos 6.3, mysql 5.1.66.  And I
>> would like to upgrade to horde version  5.0.2
>>
>> I have read some into on these mailing lists and such, but I still am
>> having some issues. I can get v.5 to install just fine. But I am
>> having difficulties with getting the info from the old db to show up
>> in the new db. The apps I have been focusing on making sure that they
>> work are turbo and ingo since they are used heavily
>>
>> My latest attempts revolve around using the horde 3 db in the horde 5
>> application and go to the configuration tab and updating the db
>> schemas. It seems to work. But I still cannot see entries in my
>> address book.
>>
>> With the address book, I do see the data in the mysql db.
>> But if I try to browse my address book in horde, I get the following
>> error
>> Jan  9 16:16:58 crayfish HORDE: [turba] SQL QUERY FAILED:
>> SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column
>> 'object_nameprefix' in 'field list'  #012#011SELECT object_id,
>> object_type, owner_id, object_members,#012#011 object_nameprefix,
>> object_firstname, object_middlenames,#012#011  object_lastname,
>> object_namesuffix FROM turba_objects WHERE (owner_id#012#011  =
>> 'asilver') [pid 2383 on line 815 of
>> "/usr/share/pear/Horde/Db/Adapter/Base.php"]
>>
>> and the name(s) don't show up.
>>
>> Can anyone offer some advice or need further information to help me out?
>

> It sounds as if you were not using the most current out of the box
> schema for the shipped "localsql" configuration. You should either
> update the database schema, or update the definition in
> turba/config/backends[.local].php

Mike:

I believe that you are correct as far as the db schema not being
up-to-date.
After hitting the button in the configuration to update the database
schemas, and that does work. But when I look at the db directly, the old
schema is there. It is not getting updated.

Is there another way to updatedb the db schema?

alan

--
Alan Silver
Network and Systems Administrator