[horde] line breaks?

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Fri Jan 18 18:31:33 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

> Quoting Oliver Lehmann <lehmann at ans-netz.de>:
>
>> is there a posibility to have Imp wrapping my text with line breaks
>> after a configureable amount of characters - e.g. 74 in the compose
>> window?
>
> You never never never never never never never want to manually wrap
> a text compose message.  There is absolutely no need to.  Flowed
> text is everybody's friend. (Not to mention there are RFCs that need
> to be conformed to regarding line lengths).

now that you mention it: just a few minutes ago, I had the exact
opposite "problem": After composing an e-mail and saving it as a
draft, the text was wrapped when opening the email to finish and send
it.

Of course, inserting a word or two made the line breaks happen at
wrong places, thus I had to re-join the lines before sending the e-mail.

I just took that as the price to pay for automatically inserting line
breaks - but as you say that this isn't intended at all, I thought I'd
mention it. (IMP 6.0.3, dynamic interface; everything else at latest
PEAR, too)

Regards,

Jens