[horde] H5 ActiveSync / Samsung Galaxy S3: mapping for home/work email addresses

Seth Green registrations at baruchgreen.net
Sun Jan 20 21:27:08 UTC 2013

Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk <at> horde.org> writes:

> These are hard coded. I.e., 'email' will always map to email1address.
> 'homeEmail' => email2address, and 'workEmail' => email3Address. See
> Turba_Driver::toASContact() in turba/lib/Driver.php for more info.

Late to the party, I know.  But I'm grappling with this in a slightly
different context.  I've successfully got H5 and ActiveSync sharing
3 e-mails (hooray!).  But when I'm sending email through IMP,
autocomplete will only suggest the particular address that is
mapped to email1address.  I was able to muck around a little bit
and redefine "email" in backends.local.php as an array consisting
of 3 other fields (I added a new field "defaultEmail" that I mapped
to the object_email field in the mysql backend.  But I wasn't sure
how that would interact with the whole ActiveSync process.  And
from reading this, it sounds it would probably muck things up.

Any suggestions of how to balance keeping 3 separate emails
mapping via ActiveSync but still have all 3 suggested via
autocomplete in IMP?