[horde] Error after upgrade

steffo76 at gmx.de steffo76 at gmx.de
Wed Jan 23 14:39:09 UTC 2013

>> Hi list,
>>
>> after upgrading to horde groupware webmail edition 5.0.3 I get a lot of
>> "Using an empty Initialization Vector (iv) is potentially insecure
>> and not recommended" errors in the horde log. The upgrade itself
>> went smoothly so where did I go wrong ?
>>
>> Regards
>> Stephan
>>
>Sounds like Horde_Crypt_Blowfish wasn't updated.

Any ideas ? Packages are all up to date including:

Horde_Crypt               2.1.1   stable
Horde_Crypt_Blowfish      1.0.2   stable

php version is 5.3.20 (although it is the same with 5.3.8).

WARN: HORDE [imp] PHP ERROR: openssl_encrypt() [<a href='function.openssl-encrypt'>function.openssl-encrypt</a>]: Using an empty Initialization Vector (iv) is potentially insecure and not recommended [pid 23639 on line 44 of "/usr/local/lib/php/Horde/Crypt/Blowfish/Openssl.php"]

I can get rid of these by decreasing the log level but these messages shouldn't be there, should they ?

Regards
Stephan