[horde] Failed to install H5.0.3 Webmail on web hosting server 1and1

Frank Sikora frank.sikora at capfields.com
Thu Jan 31 22:18:07 UTC 2013

Hello,
I'm trying to install Horde 5.0.3 Webmail on a web Hosting server
(from 1and1).
Because it is a shared environment, I cannot access the PHP resources
and I have to install my own PEAR before installing H5.

Within 1and1 server several PHP versions are supported in the same
time (PHP 4.4.9, PHP 5.2.17 and PHP5.4.11). Then to use the correct
version of PHP, you have to use alias: php/pear for PHP4 (default),
php5/pear5 for PHP5.2 and php6/pear6 for PHP5.4.
(well it is not clearly documented by I arrived to this conclusion
after a while).
Then I followed the procedure:
1> pear6 config-create $HOME/geek $HOME/geek/pear.conf -->ok (geek is
the path where to install PEAR, then H5)
2> pear6 -c $HOME/geek/pear.conf install pear -->ok
3> $HOME/geek/pear/pear -c $HOME/geek/pear.conf channel-discover
pear.horde.org -->ok
4> $HOME/geek/pear/pear -c $HOME/geek/pear.conf install
horde/horde_role -->error!!
Error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '(', expecting '}' in
/homepages/nn/dnnnnnnnnn/htdocs/geek/pear/php/PEAR/Installer.php on
line 811

Any suggestion will help. Thx!
Frank

CapFields (Luxembourg) s.a
30, rue de l'Industrie
L-8069 Strassen (Grand Duché du Luxembourg)
Web:  <http://www.capfields.com/> www.capfields.com
T: +352 26 39 66 10
F: +352 26 39 66 66

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely
for the addressees and is confidential.
If you receive this message in error, please delete it and immediately
notify the sender. Any use not in accord with its purpose, any
dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited
except formal approval.
The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
CapFields (and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable
for the message if modified.