[horde] Galaxy S3 - Horde 5 - Reply to email puts it at the bottom

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Feb 5 01:09:40 UTC 2013

Quoting Steven Swarts <steven at swartsit.com>:

> G'day guys,
>

> Latest pear update, Debian 6, Apache config.
>

> I have a Galaxy S3 i905 2GB LTE smart phone, using AS with Horde 5.
>
> Issue is that on all replies the email sent is as follows:
>

> Reply from me..
>

> | Quoted :
>

> | Original Email ..
>

> My reply.
>

> Is there a way to change this so that my reply is at the top? I've looked
> through Horde config and IMP but can't find anything. Also I've looked on
> the phone and can't find a setting.

There is a pref in Prefs->Global->ActiveSync that attempts to control
this. Some caveats:

This is one of those behaviors that varies between devices. Most
replies in AS are "smart" replies; Only the reply text is set to the
server and the server must construct the full outgoing email. This is
why most clients don't let you do in-line reply text. The problem is
some devices automatically add the (non-configurable) attribution text
(John Doe <jdoe at example.com> wrote:) to the reply text sent to the
server. So, depending on your device and pref setting you may see an
"extra" attribution text before or after your reply.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org