[horde] User name and email in top bar

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Thu Feb 7 08:34:22 UTC 2013

I use it and have put that on Horde Wiki (Imp), both for Horde 3 and Horde 5.

I d'ont have the link now becouse I am using my cell phone.

Mauricio Tecles

----- Mensagem de slusarz at horde.org ---------
     Data: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 23:24:39 -0700
     De: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
  Assunto: Re: [horde] User name and email in top bar
       Para: horde at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca>:
>
>> Users may login to different accounts (e.g. their personal account
>> and generic support accounts).  I found myself not knowing to which
>> account I logged on while testing multiple accounts.
>
> This seems like a fairly specific use-case limited to a small number
> of users.  With the forthcoming ability to access multiple accounts
> within a single IMP session, the need to differentiate between
> accounts seems to become less important.
>
> I don't disagree with the idea that we should make it more easily
> configurable (or at least easily editable) to allow this change.
> But making it the default does not seem to be the correct solution,
> and instituting a preference also seems dubious.
>
>> In desktop email applications (thunderbird/outlook), the user would
>> have the multiple accounts displayed in the sidebar, so you know to
>> which account the current folder belongs to.
>
> See above re: IMP's multiple account ability.  I am not a big fan of
> thunderbird's model where the base account is also listed under a
> separate tab.  Mainly because this model doesn't translate well to
> our webmail model, where you have to login to the base account to
> even access the application (vs. thunderbird where you can open up
> the application without ever connecting to any account).
>
> michael

----- Final da mensagem de slusarz at horde.org -----

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica C. C. F. - UFRJ