[horde] Kronolith ical hangs Imp / Kronolith

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Mon Feb 11 10:55:30 UTC 2013

Latest H5.0.3, Kronolith 4.0.3

Issue starts with an appointment sent to me by my wife from the old H4
system. When I try and open the appointment email in Imp, Imp hangs.
Eventually it presents a red box with server communication error.
Httpd logs indicate php running out of memory:

[Mon Feb 11 20:03:13 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.155] PHP Fatal
error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 512 bytes) in /var/www/horde/kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php on
line 498, referer:
https://server.simonandkate.net/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox

Boosted php to 512MB from 128MB, and try again. Same, just takes
longer to give up:

[Mon Feb 11 20:27:07 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.155] PHP Fatal
error:  Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to
allocate 77 bytes) in /var/www/horde/kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php on
line 498, referer:
https://server.simonandkate.net/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox

Whilst eventually timing out, CPU hits 100% and stays there, httpd process.

I then tried loading Kronolith on H5 - same thing happens, it hangs on

Horde error log, when set to INFO, gives up some useful information:

2013-02-11T20:27:43+10:00 WARN: HORDE [kronolith] The remote server at
https://mail.simonandkate.net/rpc.php/kronolith/katie/OPAyfdJO7vlN37eRNqEXFcA.ics doesn't support an WebDAV protocol version 3. [pid 15869 on line 626 of
"/var/www/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/Ical.php"]

mail.simonandkate.net is the old one, and I have Katie's calendar
published from H4 as an ical. That has been working fine. I can open
the .ics file that link presents with Outlook and it works fine. But
now for some reason trying to open an appointment from her in Imp, or
trying to open Kronolith at all, kills Horde when trying to retrieve
and access the ical.

Fixed it by removing share permissions in Katie's calendar (h4), then
trying to open Kronolith again (h5), and it immediately gives me an
error, and successfully loads Kronolith.

So my thoughts -

1. This is really ugly. If it can't open a remote calendar, it should
fail gracefully, and go around the roadblock.
2. You should be able to remove a remote calendar somehow if it does
fail to access it.

Is this a known issue, or have I stuffed something up?

Simon.

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16