[horde] Blank page after login

Philipp Fäustlin philipp.faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de
Mon Feb 18 10:19:24 UTC 2013

Am 05.02.2013 10:42, schrieb Jan Schneider:

> Zitat von Philipp Fäustlin <philipp.faeustlin at uni-hohenheim.de>:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> One of my users gets a blank page after login to webmail on every
>> system we tried.
>>
>> I have tried it even on a test system with a empty database and horde
>> in the newest version.
>>
>> The login method is imap auth and the horde.log says "Login successful".
>>
>> In httpd/error.log I found an
>> PHP Fatal error:  Method Horde_Imap_Client_Mailbox::__toString() must
>> not throw an exception in /usr/share/pear/Horde/Imap/Client/Socket.php
>> on line 1284, referer: http://WEBMAIL/login.php
>>
>> I think this error is the reason for blank page, but I don't know what
>> I can do against it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Philipp Fäustlin
>
> Wrap the line from that error message in a try-catch-block and log the
> exception, so you get some details about the actual error. Like so:
>
> try {
>     // This is line 1284
> } catch (Exception $e) {
>     Horde::debug($e);
>     throw $e;
> }
>
> You will find horde_debug.txt in your temp directory.

Hello.

I found the solution to my above problem.

There were some improperly formatted folder names in the folder
structure of the user's maildir.
These folders contained the following character strings:

I have replaced these string with the corresponding German special
character in the correct encoding and now it works.

Regards
Philipp Fäustlin