[horde] Can't add Outlook meeting request to Kronolith (Not only Oulook, but also Novell Groupwise meetings affected)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Feb 19 00:22:39 UTC 2013

Quoting Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:

> It's not only Outlook, I just received an appointment with Novell
> Groupwise, which cannot be added:
>
> DateTimeZone::_construct() [a
> href='datetimezone.--construct'>datetimezone.--construct
> Unknown or bad timezone ((GMT+0100) CET))
>
> -----------------
>
> BEGIN:VCALENDAR
> VERSION:2.0
> PRODID:-//Novell Inc//Groupwise 12.0.1
> METHOD:REQUEST
> BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
> TZID:(GMT+0100) CET

This is a known issue, I believe.  We don't parse the actual VTIMEZONE
data in the vcalendar (I was told it has something to do with the fact
that there is no way to store this information in the local storage),
or use it to determine the actual timezone, so if the TZID doesn't map
to a known timezone string (which unfortunately it often doesn't) this
doesn't work.

michael