[horde] ActiveSync GAL setup help - search returns no contacts

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Feb 21 14:02:29 UTC 2013

Quoting James MacLean <macleajb at ednet.ns.ca>:

> On 02/20/2013 09:22 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>>
>> Quoting "James B. MacLean" <macleajb at ednet.ns.ca>:

>>> So when I am seeing:
>>>
>>> (&(givenname=Maclean)(sn=Maclean)(|(displayname=*Maclean*)(mail=*Maclean*))) that and is 'suppose' to connect the owner branch with the search branch, but, the owner branch appears to be
>>> :
>>>
>>> (givenname=Maclean)(sn=Maclean)
>>>
>>> which will never be true :(.
>>
>> Well, your search might be different. The first [OR] grouping comes
>> from any strict searches, yours may or may not be the same as mine.
>>
>> You can dump the value of $criteria in Turba_Driver_Ldap::_search()
>> and see the exact structure of the query before it's parsed into an
>> LDAP filter.
>>
>> BTW, you can use Horde::debug($some_value); to easily output this
>> stuff. It will output in a file called 'horde_debug.txt' placed in
>> your temporary directory.
>>

> If this helps:
>
> 16. Horde::debug() /var/www/horde/turba/lib/Driver/Ldap.php:162
> array(1) {
>   ["AND"]=>
>   array(2) {
>     ["OR"]=>
>     array(2) {
>       [0]=>
>       array(3) {
>         ["field"]=>
>         string(9) "givenname"
>         ["op"]=>
>         string(1) "="
>         ["test"]=>
>         string(7) "Maclean"
>       }
>       [1]=>
>       array(3) {
>         ["field"]=>
>         string(2) "sn"
>         ["op"]=>
>         string(1) "="
>         ["test"]=>
>         string(7) "Maclean"
>       }
>     }
>     [0]=>
>     array(1) {
>       ["OR"]=>
>       array(2) {
>         [0]=>
>         array(5) {
>           ["field"]=>
>           string(11) "displayname"
>           ["op"]=>
>           string(4) "LIKE"
>           ["test"]=>
>           string(7) "Maclean"
>           ["begin"]=>
>           bool(true)
>           ["approximate"]=>
>           bool(false)
>         }
>         [1]=>
>         array(5) {
>           ["field"]=>
>           string(4) "mail"
>           ["op"]=>
>           string(4) "LIKE"
>           ["test"]=>
>           string(7) "Maclean"
>           ["begin"]=>
>           bool(true)
>           ["approximate"]=>
> [...]

This looks correct. I'm not an LDAP person, but it looks to me like
the filter is being built incorrectly from this array. This array is
saying that EITHER givenname OR sn must match. The AND is between the
results of the first condition and the second OR condition.  Someone
with more experience with LDAP will have to track down the issue in
Turba_Driver_Ldap::_search().

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)