[horde] Upgrading to latest horde framework

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:55:31 UTC 2013

Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
>    I have a hard time upgrading to the latest horde framework (currently
> running H4).  As far as I could find in the documentation, upgrading should
> be done with the command
>
>    pear upgrade -a -B -c horde
>    ???
>
>    I get a LONG list of errors such as :
>    ***************************
> [...]

Quite frankly, I have tried

pear upgrade -a -B horde/groupware  (NOT pear upgrade -a -B -c horde,
sorry for the confusion my memory played tricks on me)

and it throws:

root at lhost2:~# pear upgrade -a -B horde/groupware
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/extensions/lzf.so' - /usr/lib/php/extensions/lzf.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php/extensions/memcache.so' - /usr/lib/php/extensions/memcache.so:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
horde/webmail conflicts with package "horde/groupware", downloaded
version is 4.0.9 horde/groupware cannot be installed, conflicts with installed
packages

No valid packages found

upgrade failed

So whats going on ??  Perhaps I havent played with it in too long, but I have
found the upgrade instructions/documentation did not help troubleshoot my
current situation at all.

Can anybody help?  Should I simply wipe and start clean (of course exporting my
DB so I dont lose actual data)???