[horde] Ungültige Serveradresse oder nicht unterstützte Protokollversion

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:13:47 UTC 2013

On 27 Feb 2013 11:54, "Andreas Mauser" <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:

> ----- Nachricht von Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info> ---------
>   Datum: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:26:11 +0100
>     Von: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
> Betreff: [horde] Ungültige Serveradresse oder nicht unterstützte
Protokollversion
>      An: "Mailingliste, Horde" <horde at lists.horde.org>
>

>> Hi List,
>>
>> can you please help me with the following?
>>
>> Having Samsung S3 Mini, using the Exchange connector to sync with Horde,
it worked some days ago, but now it stoppen with this error message:

>> Eine ungültige Serveradresse wurde eingegeben oder Server benötigt eine
Protokollversion, die nicht über E-Mail unterstützt wird.

>> I did not change anything, just always upgraded via pear.
>> Same problem appearing with iPhone5. Last Mails from 22.2.2013, no more
coming in.

>> I reset the phone in Horde already, wanted to start from scratch, but
this also didnt solve the problem.

>> I also changed servername to server IP in the Smartphone, same error
message comes up.

>> Any idea how to fix since nothing appears in the syslog?
>>

> To have the error message translated, it would sound like:
>
> An invalid server address has been entered or the server needs a protocol
version which is not supported via email.

> Any help very appreciated.

Oddly enough this just started happening to me too on the Samsung Galaxy. I
can't tell you when it stopped because I was roaming over the weekend and
had data off.  However, I get the same error when checking the ActiveSync
settings on the device.

Also, I notice that several contacts I had edited have reverted.  I.e. I'd
made changes on the device or the server and they are now gone (new work
mobile numbers in both cases).

Simon