[horde] Ungültige Serveradresse oder nicht unterstützte Protokollversion

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Feb 27 18:47:47 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 27 Feb 2013 19:21, "Andreas Mauser" <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:
>>

>> ----- Nachricht von Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
>>   Datum: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:13:47 +0100
>>     Von: Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Ungültige Serveradresse oder nicht unterstützte
> Protokollversion
>>      An: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
>>      Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> Protokollversion

> Horde,
>>>
>>> it worked some days ago, but now it stoppen with this error message:

>>> Protokollversion, die nicht über E-Mail unterstützt wird.

>>> coming in.

>>> this also didnt solve the problem.

>>> message comes up.

> protocol
>>>
>>> version which is not supported via email.

>>> Oddly enough this just started happening to me too on the Samsung
> Galaxy. I
>>> can't tell you when it stopped because I was roaming over the weekend and
>>> had data off.  However, I get the same error when checking the ActiveSync
>>> settings on the device.
>>>
>>> Also, I notice that several contacts I had edited have reverted.  I.e.
> I'd
>>> made changes on the device or the server and they are now gone (new work
>>> mobile numbers in both cases).
>>

>> my problem is that I regularily update via pear. usually all is fine, but
> as you said since a couple of days its not syncing anymore - and I promise,
> I changed nothin but doing pear upgrade-all
>>
>> strange .. seems only we both have this problem? It may not be a Samsung
> problem,, just because it worked till last week.
>
> To make it worse e-mail sync is working for me (I use a different app for
> that).

The fact that nothing is showing in the sync log says that the failure
is happening very early in the request...maybe somewhere in /rpc.php,
or *maybe* in the very early code in Horde_ActiveSync::handle().
Someone who is experiencing the failure will have to trace where it is
failing. I would say that it has something to do with permissions or a
corrupt config, but since email is working in a different client, I
have no idea what is going on.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)