[horde] Upgrading.

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 08:50:18 UTC 2013

On 28 February 2013 09:10, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27 February 2013 18:23, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 27 February 2013 18:18, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I've just upgraded to 5.0.4 and it tells me the horde configuration is
>>> out of date.  Since my suggestion for highlighting tabs with
>>> new/removed config options was not high-priority, I have to find out
>>> what was changed or needs attention before regenerating the config.
>>> When I raised the issue about a visual clue, I was told that all the
>>> changes were in:
>>> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/CHANGES
>>>
>>> And indeed, they are.  However, the only change listed for 5.0.4. is:
>>>
>>> ------
>>> v5.0.4
>>> ------
>>>
>>> [jan] Update French translation (Paul De Vlieger
>>>       <paul.de_vlieger at moniut.univ-bpclermont.fr>).
>>>
>>> So, sadly this does not tell me which tab (if any) I have to look at
>>> before regenerating the config.
>>>
>>> Any clues please?
>>

>> Having attempted not to change the config, I now have:
>>
>> A fatal error has occurred
>>
>> Horde_Auth: Class definition of not found.
>>
>> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>
> When attempting to reach https://webmail.example.net I am redirected
> to login.php?=somelongnumber and the browser complains
> The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://login.php/?
>
> Since I've changed nothing in the vhost and since my .htaccess was
> copied back from the back up (there is a separate pear install for
> this instance), I'm at a loss to know what to do.

While trying to diagnose the issue I came across this in test.php:

Local File Permissions

Is /usr/share/horde-beta/lib/../static writable by the web server user? No
If caching javascript and CSS files by storing them in static files
(HIGHLY RECOMMENDED), this directory must be writable as the user the
web server runs as.

both lib and static (and I cannot find a static directory in any
subpath of lib) are writeable by the apache server group, but owned by
root.  What are the recommended permissions for these directories?

Thanks.

Simon