[horde] AS Mailbox not pushing new email

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Sat Mar 2 10:09:54 UTC 2013

----- Message from Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net> ---------
     Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 02:49:05 +0000
     From: Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>
  Subject: [horde] AS Mailbox not pushing new email
       To: "horde at lists.horde.org" <horde at lists.horde.org>

> AS 2.3.0
>
> I had a meeting invitation sent to me, and it appeared in my Imp mailbox at
> 11:49:23am.
>
> My iOS devices are set to read Horde email over ActiveSync, and are set to
> server push.
>
> $conf[activesync][ping][heartbeatmax] is set to standard 2700, so at over
> 2700 seconds worst-case scenarion it should have pushed, right?
>
> It is now 3060 seconds later, and the push has not happened. Device has
> been sync'ing as follows:

SNIP

> When I then go into Mail on the iPhone, it then prompts a full HUGE
> sync (the sync file for the next transaction is over 700KB - I will
> send to you directly if needed, but it contains a info I'd rather
> not post publicly).
>
> So, push mail is not working for me, although apart from that I LOVE
> the new improvements to calendaring appointments and invites -
> Brilliant, thank you so much!
>
> Simon

I know this email thread topic is similar to the other one I have
started, maybe the same thing, I don't know. Happy to shut down one of
these if wanted.

Just did some more testing, and this time push worked OK. I sent two
emails into the account, then a meeting appointment. All three
triggered automatically and were pushed into the iOS devices,
including the meeting appointment triggering as it should a tentative
event into calendar.

There is definitely some strange stuff happening with AS email - it
didn't sync at all for an hour earlier, now it does OK (nothing
changed in between). Then when I declined the meeting appointment, PHP
crashed with this:

[Sat Mar 02 20:06:29 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.155] PHP Fatal
error:  Undefined class constant 'RESPONSE_DENIED' in
/usr/share/pear/Horde/Core/ActiveSync/Driver.php on line 1700
[Sat Mar 02 20:06:32 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.155] PHP Fatal
error:  Undefined class constant 'RESPONSE_DENIED' in
/usr/share/pear/Horde/Core/ActiveSync/Driver.php on line 1700
[Sat Mar 02 20:06:35 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.155] PHP Fatal
error:  Undefined class constant 'RESPONSE_DENIED' in
/usr/share/pear/Horde/Core/ActiveSync/Driver.php on line 1700
[Sat Mar 02 20:06:36 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.155] PHP Fatal

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16