[horde] Upgrading.

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Mar 5 06:45:32 UTC 2013

Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> rašė:

> On 4 March 2013 08:40, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 3 Mar 2013 23:02, "Vilius Šumskas" <vilius at lnk.lt> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,

>>> The  issue is not with your install, but with the configuration files.
>>> This is from one of your emails:
>>>
>>> [Fri Mar 01 08:58:19 2013] [error] [client 178.15.66.53] PHP Warning:
>>> include(/usr/share/horde-beta/config/conf.php): failed to open stream:
>>> Permission denied in /usr/share/php/Horde.php on line 819
>>
>> So it's a file permission?  How could I have missed that.  Will check when I
>> get in.
>>
>>> P.S.  You  really  should  separate  different  issues  into different
>>> threads. It's hard to follow.
>>
>> I didn't know I had different issues, otherwise I would have done.
>
> Vilius,
>
> What is this error actually telling me?  As far as I can tell from the
> permissions for staging and prod this shouldn't be an issue.

The error is telling you exactly what it is. The user under which your
web server is running doesn't have rights to read the configuration
file.

> mail:/usr/share/horde-beta# ls config/conf.php
> -rw-rw---- 1 root root 6.5K Dec 21 00:59 config/conf.php
> mail:/usr/share/horde-beta#
> mail:/usr/share/horde-beta#
> mail:/usr/share/horde-beta# ls ../horde4/config/conf.php
> -r--r----- 1 root www-data 6.9K Mar 28  2012 ../horde4/config/conf.php
>
> I have now changed the ownership to root:www-data and the error is
> gone and I can log in.  Given that I haven't changed this, how is this
> possible?  The file doesn't looked to have been changed since Dec 21,
> so it can't be as a result of upgrading - can it?

Considering that you don't believe in magic :) something have changed
on your side. One think I can tell you for sure. Upgrade procedure
doesn't touch conf.php files or its permissions.

--
   Vilius