[horde] Changes to config/conf.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Mar 5 07:34:20 UTC 2013

Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> rašė:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Now that I have access to my horde install again, I return to the
>> question of what has changed?
>>
>> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/CHANGES says the only changes are
>> to update french translations.  It's not clear to me, then why I need
>> to regenerate the config and what will change if I do.
>>
>> Is there something I've missed in how this should be handled?
>
> Ideally looking at CHANGES or UPGRADING documentation should be
> enough. However the way I do this is I've always check github or
> git.horde.org for changes on conf.php/prefs.php/other config files
> between period when old and new versions was released. Not ideal and
> takes time, but always works for me.

We almost never change (i.e. add/delete) configuration options in a
point releases.  And if we do, we either:

1.) Maintain the previous default -or-
2.) Only change the default if the previous default setting was a
security issue.

Configuration changes can (and will) change between minor releases
however (e.g. Horde 5.0 -> 5.1).  Any change that affects prior
configurations will be clearly documented in docs/UPGRADING.

michael