[horde] Horde 5.0.4 IMP problems...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Tue Mar 5 21:03:23 UTC 2013

I'm running CentOS 6.3 under VirtualBox for a class project that
involves Horde.

I run Horde 4 at home, but I didn't install it from packages where
pear seems to
point to horde 5 now.

In the virtual environment:

dovecot-2.0.9
postfix-2.2.6
horde-5.0.4
imp-6.0.4
postgresql-8.4.13
php-5.3.3
pear updated to latest version.

The php packages under CentOS needed to make horde itself work are installed.
I can't log in to IMP.  I set dovecot up with a cram-md5 password file, but
evolution works with ssl/tls turned off.  The dovecot server is inside the
virtual machine, so there is no need to encrypt.  I am going to connect with a
research authentication system called kaPow and probably need to
modify login.php
to use it.  Before I can do the modification though, I need to be able
to log in
to IMP.  I want to verify that I have horde working normally before I
try to change
how it works.  Google isn't helping me, most of the hits are for older
versions of
IMP and older versions of Horde.

Any chance an updated HOWTO will come out?  If not, how do I get pear
to install older
releases of horde and imp?

      -- Michael C. Robinson