[horde] Horde 5.0.4 IMP problems...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Mar 6 01:03:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-03-05 at 14:38 -0700, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting "Michael C. Robinson" <plug_1 at robinson-west.com>:
>
> > I'm running CentOS 6.3 under VirtualBox for a class project that
> > involves Horde.
> >
> > I run Horde 4 at home, but I didn't install it from packages where
> > pear seems to
> > point to horde 5 now.
> >
> > In the virtual environment:
> >
> > dovecot-2.0.9
> > postfix-2.2.6
> > horde-5.0.4
> > imp-6.0.4
> > postgresql-8.4.13
> > php-5.3.3
> > pear updated to latest version.
> >
> > The php packages under CentOS needed to make horde itself work are installed.
> > I can't log in to IMP.  I set dovecot up with a cram-md5 password file,
>
> I'd try with an easier (read: more basic) dovecot authentication
> method first.  CRAM-MD5 can be difficult to setup properly.
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

A potentially wise piece of advice, but if I knew how to configure
dovecot to work with this version of IMP I wouldn't be posting to the
list.  Please point me to information on the above referenced
configuration.  Does IMP 6.0.4 work with the above software versions
I have mentioned?  Option B is to let me know how I can install horde
4 instead via pear or git.

One advantage of cram-md5 and a separate password file is that I can use
very weak passwords for email without making the user account passwords
weak.  This is for a demonstration, proof of concept, code review
situation.  I have till Thursday next week, so please make suggestions
that are more helpful than simply saying don't use crypt authentication.

Thank you for the potentially sage advice, but please elaborate.