[horde] GIT questions..

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 12:15:25 UTC 2013

On 6 March 2013 12:47, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 March 2013 11:49, Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This is all you need.  I'm assuming you read
>>> http://www.horde.org/development/git

>>> You don't need these.

>>> If using git, it is best if you DON'T have any Horde PEAR packages installed
>>> to ensure that the git installation is using the code within that git
>>> installation.
>>>
>>> However, the install_dev script *should* make it so that the git install
>>> prefers the git framework source over any PEAR installed package.
>>
>> The instructions at http://www.horde.org/development/git also say to
>> set the $app_fileroot variable.  However, this would be the same as
>> $web_dir, no?
>>
>> After editing the install_dev.conf and running install_dev, the
>> installation seemed successful, but when I go to my vhost, I get:
>> A fatal error has occurred
>> This system is currently deactivated.
>> Details have been logged for the administrator.
>
> In a previous list posting, Mike Rubinsky asserted this error was
> because horde had not been configured.  I agree, but when I go to
> https://webmail.example.net/admin/config/login.php I get the same
> error.
> If I copy the configs over from the previous horde-beta install into
> the repository, I get the same error
> If I change the group permissions to the apache user on the
> repository, I get the same error
> And depressingly (because I was sure this would fix it), if I change
> the group permissions on the repo/horde directories, I get the same
> error.
>
> Help please! :)  Although I'm sure it's a user error.

After copying the *.local.php files from the old install, however, I
get a different error!
A fatal error has occurred
Horde_Auth: Class definition of not found.
Details have been logged for the administrator.

I feel like that's progress.   I had this a week ago..

Okay, change the grp permissions on the conf.php and *.local.php files
to the apache user and I'm in!

However, the config screen tells me that only Horde (5.05-git) is
installed.  And that the config needs to be updated (and yet the only
difference between the proposed config and the existing one is the $id

Simon