[horde] problem with upgrading via pear after debian security update of package php-pear

Jens Grüntjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Fri Mar 8 07:22:56 UTC 2013

Hello list,

after Debian updated the package php-pear (5.3.3-7+squeeze15) I can no
longer upgrade horde via pear. The error message looks like this:

boromir # pear upgrade
Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use
--alldeps to download automatically
Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use
--alldeps to download automatically
Package "pear.horde.org/Horde_Auth" dependency "pecl.php.net/pam" has
no releases
Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Ldap,
horde/Horde_Test, pecl/pam, pecl/sasl, use --alldeps to download
automatically
Package "pear.horde.org/Horde_Serialize" dependency "pecl.php.net/lzf"
has no releases
Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, pecl/lzf,
use --alldeps to download automatically
Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use
--alldeps to download automatically
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type PEAR_Error as array in
/usr/share/php/PEAR/REST/10.php on line 295

I know that some devs recently mentioned that using the packaged and
debianized PHP is from their point of of view not recommended at all.
But I don't have the time to compile these packages all by myself and
keep them up-to-date as administering our computers is only a side
part of my actual job.

Maybe other Debian-users have hit the same "bug" and can advise me?
I'm not sure if it helped to edit the mentioned file 10.php to get it
back working?

Thanks for any hints.
--
Viele Grüße