[horde] GIT questions..

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 21:07:29 UTC 2013

On 8 March 2013 21:54, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> What is the value of $web_dir in the install_dev.conf file? This should
>>> point to the web accessible directory you want to serve horde out of.
>>> E.g.,
>>> /var/www/myvirtualhost.com/horde. I don't remember if the script creates
>>> the
>>> /horde directory or not so you might have to create it first. This is
>>> where
>>> the install_dev script will symlink all the apps and libraries to.
>>

>> // The web-accessible base directory for horde
>> $web_dir = '/usr/share/horde-beta/';  (this is my DocumentRoot in my
>> vhost config file).
>>
>> The script DOES create the directory.
>>
>>> $app_webroot, in horde/config/registry.local.php, if we follow the
>>> example
>>> in the last paragraph, should be set to '/horde'. As it is the webroot of
>>> the horde install. Likewise, $web_fileroot should be set to the same
>>> /var/www/myvirtualhost.com/horde that you used in the install_dev.conf
>>> script.
>>

>> My $app_webroot = '/horde';
>>
>> Did you mean $app_fileroot?  I don't have a $web_fileroot.
>>
>> And if you do, Michael S said that it had to be the physical location,
>> and not the directory that the symlinks are in.
>>
>> But it doesn't matter, if I change it, I get an endless redirect and
>> the error that the user is not authorized for horde.
>>

>> This is what I have:
>> /usr/share/git-horde5  <--  this are the physical files in the git
>> repository
>> /usr/share/horde-beta  <--  this the web accessible directory in the
>> vhost, created by the install_dev script
>>
>> in framework/bin/install_dev.conf
>> // The list of apps to create symlinks for
>> $apps = array('horde', 'imp', 'kronolith', 'turba', 'ingo', 'mnemo',
>> 'nag', 'passwd');
>>
>> // The location of the horde-git repository
>> $horde_git = '/usr/share/git-horde5/';
>>
>> // The web-accessible base directory for horde
>> $web_dir = '/usr/share/horde-beta/';
>>

>> in /us/share/git-horde5/horde/config/registry.local.php
>> $app_fileroot = '/usr/share/git-horde5/';
>> $app_webroot = '/horde';
>>

>> In  horde/config/horde.local.php
>> <?php if (!defined('HORDE_BASE')) define('HORDE_BASE',
>> '/usr/share/horde-beta'); ini_set('include_path',
>> '/usr/share/horde-beta/libs' . PATH_SEPARATOR .
>> ini_get('include_path'));
>>

>> In mail:/usr/share/git-horde5# cat imp/config/horde.local.php
>> <?php define('HORDE_BASE', '/usr/share/horde-beta');
>>

>> For whatever reason the $app_webroot seems not to "take" - if it did,
>> then it would stop looking for /usr/share/git-horde5/templates and
>> look for /usr/share/git-horde5/horde/templates
>

> That's because according to what you wrote above, /horde is NOT your horde
> web root. \
>
> According to what you wrote above, it's '/'. Since you said that
> /usr/share/horde-beta is the *document-root* for the vhost, and you gave
> [...]

I am getting somewhere.  Based on Michael S's last email I decided
once again to try using the /usr/share/horde-beta as fileroot (it gave
me this endless redirect last time I tried it.

So, with fileroot as /usr/share/horde-beta and webroot as /horde, I do
indeed get to see all the apps!

But I don't have any CSS or any kind, and when I click on an app to
update the config, I get a 404.
So I can reach https://webmail.example.net/horde/admin/config/index.php
but not https://webmail.example.net/horde/admin/config/config.php?app=passwd
I'm also not able to reach https://webmail.example.net/imp