[horde] Horde spamming syslog

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 10 20:55:45 UTC 2013

Since last Friday, Horde is spamming my syslog with messages like

Mar 10 21:30:10 mail horde: [imp] Login success for arjen (Horde user
arjen) [192.168.1.126] to {localhost:143 [imap]} [pid 3574 on line 183
of "/srv/www/htdocs/horde/imp/lib/Auth.php"]

Looking at this, messages should be logged with either level NOTICE or
INFO. This is weird, since I configured logging for level WARNING:

   $conf['log']['priority'] = 'WARNING';
   $conf['log']['ident'] = 'horde';
   $conf['log']['name'] = LOG_LOCAL7;
   $conf['log']['type'] = 'syslog';
   $conf['log']['enabled'] = true;

Since both NOTICE and INFO are lower than WARNING, these messages
should never have made it to the syslog. Looking at the timestamps,
they seem to coincide with ActiveSync activity. Any ideas?