[horde] Is Ansel supposed to be working?

Uttiya Chowdhury chowdhury_uttiya at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 01:44:44 UTC 2013

> git.
> >> Getting the error

> viewType() on a
> >> non-object in
> >>
> /mnt/ce/main/Open/0.Admin/ansel/lib/Widget/Geotag.php on
> >> line 70

> >> There are probably still a few bugs, but it should
> be
> >> working overall. FWIW, I don't see this error. Do
> you have a
> >> Geolocation provider setup in Horde? It shouldn't
> break if
> >> you don't so if that's the case we need to fix it,
> but at
> >> least it will help us narrow down the problem.
> >
> > Don't know... what I did is install the entire horde
> repository from git, then delete several apps that I don't
> need.
>
> If you are installing from git, don't remove anything. If
> you don't want to install all the apps, don't include them
> in install_dev.conf when setting it up.

OK. Just tried that -- install_dev.conf says:
$apps = array('content', 'ansel', 'horde', 'imp', 'ingo',
'kronolith', 'nag', 'sesha', 'turba', 'whups', 'wicked');

But this didn't help. Same error.

> > So, may be somehow horde is thinking there is a
> geolocation provider, but since I have deleted the folder,
> it is not there. Of the horde apps, which one would be a
> geolocation provider?
>
> It's configured in a combination of Horde's and Ansel's
> configurations.

Could you give me some more guidance? I looked from admin config pages of both horde and ansel, but couldn't figure out...