[horde] Best practice for using different horde applications

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Mar 11 21:07:08 UTC 2013

Quoting "Schulz, Christian" <Christian.Schulz at astrium.eads.net>:

> I am planning to set up different horde applications. I am not sure, if
> I understood
> All things about the horde application framework correct.
>
> Each instance has its own configuration, so it only can handle one user
> database.
> If I want to have different applications with different user databases
> running the
> Best way is to install multiple instances of horde?

Sort of the whole reason to use Horde is exactly the opposite - to
consolidate all framework activities within the same backend systems.
Not sure why you want a different DB for each application.

So if you are asking if the framework databases can be different for
each application, the answer is obviously no (since that's the whole
purpose of horde as the base application).

michael