[horde] Using the dimp_messageview ; where is my value?!?!

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Mar 11 21:08:42 UTC 2013

> Quoting Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org>:
>
>> Horde 5.0.4  IMP/Mail 6.0.4
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to add a custom element to the message
>> display template.
>>
>> I have created a hook dimp_messageview in imp/config/hooks.php
>>
>> Since it logs a message I *know* it is being pinged every time I open a
>> message to view.  And I am adding an element to the $msg array and then
>> returning it.
>>
>> But.... how and where do I use this?  I've groused all over and can't
>> find anything.
>
> It shows up in the AJAX response (e.g. if you add a 'foo' entry, it
> would be accessible within the 'imp:message' task data returned to
> the browser)
>
> It's not going to be useful unless you add some sort of javascript
> code to actually use the variable.

Quite frankly, dimp_messageview is no longer useful.  It is a relic of
when dimp used to be a separate application.

It should be removed completely for IMP 6.1.  It would probably be
useful to add a more general hook to allow the outgoing (and even the
incoming) JSON response to be modified, which would allow the same
thing to be accomplished.

michael