[horde] Modify to use kapow...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Mar 18 03:15:44 UTC 2013

Quoting Michael Robinson <plug_1 at robinson-west.com>:

> I'm trying to modify horde 5.0.4 to use kapow during login.
>
> See http://kapow.cs.pdx.edu/kapow
>
> I'm using the stock ajax.js from simpleApp, see the web site above.
>
> I have registered with KaPow and have pasted the relevant keys in
> to headwinds2lib.php.
>
> Firebug is giving me a javascript error relating to ajax.js saying
> that the comment string is null.  I'm trying to get the kaPow developers
> to tell me how to set those strings, but so far, nothing.
>
> I figure I need to change templates/login/login.inc, and js/login.js.
> Do I need to touch any other files?  How do I fix the login process
> so that you have to solve the puzzles to log in successfully?

Not sure why you would need to alter js/login.js.  Seems to me it
would be easier to simply have the puzzle data sent via the normal
submit process (through HTTP variables) - you can then do the
verification in a hook (e.g. preauthenticate) and kick back to the
login screen if it fails.

You would need to add the code to insert the puzzle code via horde/login.php.

This solution is nice because it only requires you to alter one Horde
file (login.php_, making it easier to upgrade in the future.

michael