[horde] Failure in changing password for LDAP Server with Admin Bindings: Bind failed: No such object

Robert Moldenhauer robert at coe.neu.edu
Mon Mar 18 17:42:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am trying to use the Passwd module to allow users to change their LDAP passwords and I get the error:

Failure in changing password for LDAP Server with Admin Bindings: Bind failed: No such object

I've included my backends.local.php, with the server name and password replaced with x's.

/ NOTE: to set the ldap userdn, see horde/config/hooks.php
$backends['ldapadmin'] = array(
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'LDAP Server with Admin Bindings',
    'driver' => 'Ldap',
    'policy' => array(
        'minLength' => 0,
        'minAlpha' => 0,
        'minNumeric' => 0,
        'minUpper' => 0,
        'minLower' => 0
    ),
    'params' => array(
        'host' => 'xxx.edu',
        'port' => 389,
        'basedn' => 'ou=people,dc=coe,dc=neu,dc=edu',
        'admindn' => 'cn=proxyagent, ou=profile,dc=coe,dc=neu,dc=edu',
        'adminpw' => 'xxxxxxx',
        // LDAP object key attribute.
        'uid' => 'uid',
        // The attribute storing the password.
        'attribute' => 'userPassword',
        // These attributes will enable shadow password policies.
        // 'shadowlastchange' => 'shadowLastChange',
        // 'shadowmin' => 'shadowMin',
        // This will be appended to the username when looking for the userdn.
        'realm' => '',
        // Use this filter when searching for the user's DN.
        'filter' => '',
        // Hash method to use when storing the password
        'encryption' => 'crypt',
        // If set, should be 0 or 1. See the LDAP documentation about the
        // corresponding parameter REFERRALS.
        // Windows 2003 Server require to set this parameter to 0
        // 'referrals' => 0,
        // Whether to enable TLS for this LDAP connection
        // Note: make sure that the host matches cn in the server certificate.
        'tls' => false
    ),
);

Thanks,