[horde] New Install Issues

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Tue Mar 19 10:22:55 UTC 2013

Hi caspivey,

Zitat von caspivey <caspivey1 at gmail.com>:
> Ok so I corrected the mail server not found issue, however now it is saying
> the user does not exist even for root? How is this possible, do I need to
> create users for Horde separately from the system accounts? If so how do I
> add users to horde? (Database User Table is empty currently)

this mostly depends on what backends you use.

I for one use the Kolab backend, where content (mails, appointments,
tasks etc) is stored in our (Kolab.managed) IMAP storage and access to
the system is verified by trying to log in to that IMAP server via the
credentials used during Horde logon. So in my case, our admin will
have to manage the users via the Kolab mechanisms.

If you use the IMAP backend for authentication, it'd be similar to the
above, except that user management would depend on the specifics of
your IMAP server environment.

Of course, there may be back-ends that verify against system accounts.

Generally speaking, there's no necessary direct relationship between
"Horde users" and "system accounts", unless you configure Horde that
way.

Regards,
Jens