[horde] Using http authentication

Michael Wisniewski wisniewski at mwiz.org
Tue Mar 26 00:29:24 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-25 19:25, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
> Quoting Michael Wisniewski <wisniewski at mwiz.org>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have apache setup to authenticate users using mod_authnz_external.
>> Basically, this fills a variable $_SERVER[REMOTE_USER] with the
>> authenticated username.
>>
>> I attempted to follow the wiki page and add this to .htaccess
>>
>> RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
>>
>> However, I am not using cgi and probably won't in the future.  Being
>> that PHP assigns the $_SERVER variable with the login name, how can  I
>> get Horde to recognize this and not prompt for the login.php page?
>
> If one of the existing Auth drivers does not fit this need, you would
> need to author your own.

Thanks for the response.  What drivers are available within horde?

As you can guess, I'm just starting out with it.  The interface looks
fantastic, but found the documentation to be lacking or not centrally
located.  I have a hard time believing that such a beautifully created
and looking project would not have a good documentation suite....which
leads me to believe something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advanced for the help!