[horde] Using http authentication

Michael Wisniewski wisniewski at mwiz.org
Tue Mar 26 13:03:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-03-26 07:43, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> On 2013-03-26 07:40, Michael Wisniewski wrote:

>>> Check the authentication tab of the configuration interface.
>>>
>> Stupid question....  I see "Horde_Auth" and "DB Schema is Ready", but
>> not "Application is ready".  How do you start the Horde_Auth
>> application?
>>

> Woops.  OK, I figured it out.  For those that are wondering....
>
> Configuration -> Click on Horde (horde) in the "Application" column.
>
> Click the "Authentication" tab, and choose the HTTP authentication
> driver.

Another little tidbit of information I found out for others.  When
logging in with the "Basic Authentication" selected, I was receiving a

"User is not authorized for imp"

error message on the main page.  If you click on Mail, it will prompt
you for credentials and then log you into mail.  To fix this, you have
to edit...

./imp/config/backends.php

and change...

     'hordeauth' => true,

on line 302 (or in your imap configuration).  Hopefully this will help
others out...