[horde] Kronolith appointments grayed on iphone IOS 6.1.3

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Mar 28 14:53:19 UTC 2013

Quoting Claudio ML <claudioml at mediaservice.net>:

> Hello all,
>
> I am facing a problem with the new version of Iphone IOS and Kronolith.
> When i add an appointment from kronolith, into my Iphone it appears grayed.
>
> I have found a similar ticket opened and closed:
>
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12056
>
> But it refers to version 5.0.4 of Kronolith. I have version 3.0.7 with
> Horde 4, and i must stay on this version until Horde 5 supports Whups
> (until now Whups is avaiable only on Horde Framework 4 and earlier...).
>
> The problem is the line:
>
> ORGANIZER;CN=[email]:mailto:[email]
>
> Kronolith don't generate it, and the Iphone if don't see that, it gray
> the appointment.

I assume you are talking about ActiveSync since you referenced that
ticket number. ActiveSync doesn't transmit data as you post above,
it's all done in WBXML so you will NEVER see iCal data like above.

Regardless, it has nothing to do with the ORGANIZER, it's due to newer
versions of iOS not using the default value of the MEETING_NOT_MEETING
property of the appointment message, and requiring it to be
transmitted. Kronolith 3 is no longer receiving bug fixes, so if you
want this fix locally and cannot upgrade, you will have to port the
change over to Kronolith 3 yourself. The one line fix can be seen at
https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/ba28d99e6500abf09733f44d60d123ac17ed82fc

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)